Flying under all of the recent next-gen console news comes what could possibly be the biggest sleeper hit game of the year.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has finally arrived, releasing to a worldwide audience on the 22nd September 2020.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is being described by some as like Persona 5 by day, with giant mech battles by night, and it has already received countless awards from the Japanese gaming media for so many different aspects. With so much praise heaped together for one game, is this the title you really didn’t know you needed to play, but quite frankly should?
Our resident JRPG and all things PlayStation fan has received a review copy of the game, with the full written review coming soon here at Total Gaming Addicts. In the meantime, here are the key details of the game:
“13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has earned numerous awards and nominations:
- Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner
- Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
- Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize
- IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place
- IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place
- Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “”PS4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PS4 titles ever sold
- 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee
- CEDEC Awards 2020 of Excellence for Game Design and Sound
- CEDEC Awards 2020 Highest Award of Excellence, Nominee
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Key Features:
- Beautifully rendered in Vanillaware’s signature hand-painted visual style.
- Uncover a deep story through visions of the past and the future.
- The doomsday clock is ticking! Become a Sentinel pilot, customize your mech, and fight waves of kaiju in top-down tactical combat.“
Join us here at Total Gaming Addicts, as we will very shortly bring you our full written review of this hugely anticipated sleeper hit of 2020, and for more exciting news of publisher Atlus’ upcoming titles.