Gaming is not all about shooting, fighting, or competition. Sometimes, it’s just about exploration, enjoyment, and sheer visual awe. Some of the most critically acclaimed games of this generation fit this genre, such as Flower, Abzu, or Journey.
With next gen consoles within touching distance, it’s only fair that we also get a next gen game in this same genre, of which EXO One, is shaping up to be top of this wish list.
Direct from the developer’s web site, “A strange signal… an alien craft… Exo One is a gravity-defying, interplanetary journey through space and time. Master a truly alien traversal system and move through enigmatic and desolate alien landscapes in ways you’ve never experienced. Use gravity and momentum to reach colossal speeds and exhilarating heights. Ride thermal updrafts into boiling cloud formations, careen down hillsides and launch off mountain tops, all the time drifting toward the shining blue beam on the horizon.
- An array of unique, open worlds to explore, from traditional terrestrial planets to water worlds to gas giants
- Pilot an alien probe featuring multiple movement modes. Roll, glide and fly, with control over gravity itself.
- Use these movement modes to build momentum, slide down dunes and catapult off hill tops.
- Glide and surf through clouds, and catch thermals that lift you high into alien atmospheres.
- Drop beneath the waves of vast oceans under the glow of distant suns.
- Wind down and travel at your own pace. There are no challenges, wars or enemies.
- A minimalist yet mysterious narrative tells the story of man’s first, ill fated mission outside the solar system.“
With details like this, it’s hard not to get excited for what this outstanding looking game will bring.
Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, EXO One is coming soon to Steam, with an Xbox Series X version also in the works.
Join us here at Total Gaming Addicts as we bring you more news, previews, and a review of this game upon its worldwide release.