After all the panic from parents wondering how they were going to look after their kids without having Fortnite to babysit, and gamers concerned about the thousands of pounds/dollars worth of skins they’d purchased, Fortnite has finally returned. As we suspected, it was to allow them to launch the newest update, with new gameplay features, a whole new map and more.
It was actually a brilliant piece of marketing, and Epic are really at the top of their game in this respect, as everyone has been talking about it, even people who don’t play it.
Read on for the official release notes and trailer.
Chapter 2 brings some huge changes to Fortnite. You can check out some highlights below, and we encourage you to drop in and check it out for yourself because there’s so much more.
- Drop into a New World – Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay – Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad – Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives – Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat – Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind – Level through the all-new Chapter 2 – Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in matches.
Fortnite Chapter 2 is available now as a free download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
For more information, head over to www.fortnite.com.