Prepare to dive back into the criminal underworld of Kamurocho
It’s official, Judgment is now a series, with a direct sequel scheduled to arrive on both Xbox and PlayStation consoles worldwide on the 24th September 2021.
Ryu Ga Gotoku studios showcased their upcoming crime adventure game during a 30-minute presentation on publisher Sega’s YouTube channel. During the presentation, viewers were shown a five-minute story trailer, followed by interviews with the game’s directors, a word from the lead actor, gameplay footage, and then a Q&A session from gaming media. As far as game presentations go, this was superb!
During that time all aspects of what to expect were covered, and we at Total Gaming Addicts would highly recommend viewing the entire show, as it is packed full of detail. The highlights of which were:
- Two locations for the main story to be played in (Tokyo and Yokohama)
- Traversal on a skateboard!
- The same gritty crime drama.
- Nuanced and expanded investigation mechanics
- Mini games that include, karaoke, boxing, and a robot wars game
- An additional new combat style for fighting – Snake Style
- 4k 60fps on next gen consoles.
- To be released on both Xbox One/Series X|S and PS4/PS5.
- The power of the new consoles will be fully utilized
- A worldwide release date of 24th September 2021
Many more features and details were discussed in the Q&A session, but the developers have also promised the signature hilarity and silliness alongside the pulse raising drama that also plays a big part in the game.
Another detail confirmed in the presentation was that Ryu Ga Gotoku studios have confirmed that the Yakuza series going forward will keep the turn-based combat introduced with Yakuza: Like a Dragon. The Judgment games, in an effort to differentiate between the series, will continue with real-time brawler action combat.
So get ready to lose yourself to the criminal underworld of Japan once again. Dive into amazing fast flowing combat with a gut wrenching yet intriguing crime detective story, hilarious side missions and fun mini games that captivate, with visually exciting over the top gameplay and detailed cutscenes, all in stunning 4k 60fps!
- Law and Disorder – Lost Judgment once again puts players in the sneakers of lawyer turned street-fighting detective Takayuki Yagami. Joined by his partner, ex-yakuza Masaharu Kaito, the crime-fighting duo is called on to investigate a seemingly perfect crime whose lead suspect has an airtight alibi. What starts out as a tale of revenge reveals a tangled web of conspiracy involving several unlikely factions taking advantage of a broken law system. But as victims pile up and Yagami unravels the truth, he must choose between defending the law or exacting justice.
- Freeform Combat – Yagami’s mastery of martial arts allows him to stylishly overcome any situation from group ambushes to single-target takedowns. Harness Crane, Tiger, and the new Snake style, a graceful style that can deflect and return an opponent’s strikes, using their energy against them.
- Investigative Action – Yagami’s arsenal of detective tricks grows with new gadgets, stealthily tracking suspects, and crafty methods of infiltration. Leave no stone unturned in pursuit of the truth.
- No Place Finer – Immerse yourself in the bustling downtowns of Tokyo and Yokohama at your own pace within an authentic setting that only the RGG Studio can deliver. Game at Club SEGA, find your next favorite hangout, take on cases from locals in need, and beyond.