Following the recent launch of Halo 3 on Xbox for PC and Steam, there has been a huge info dump of tweaks, optimisations and improvements across Halo: MCC
Near the end of this primarily Halo 3 focussed development update, there were some very tasty titbits of information. Under the heading of “Features planned for release in 2020”, we found these juicy details:
- Input Based MM
- Sever Region Selection
- Custom Game Browser
- Per Game Graphics Options
- Per Game Audio Options
- M&K Support for Xbox
- PC Fileshare
- Double Keybinds for all games
- Viewmodel adjustments for all games
- In game FPS Cap/Adjustments
- Steam Account Linking
Some of these features are planned to be released together, based on their progress:
- Planned to release together: Crossplay, Input Based MM, and Server Region Selection.
- Planned to release together: Custom Game Browser, Per Game Graphics Options, and M&K Support for Xbox
Mouse and keyboard support for Xbox is a big deal, but with the announcement of Crossplay coming soon, it does open up questions of unfair matchmaking between different control options. Fortunately, this has been considered. Regional Server Selection is being added as an option, so you can prioritise low-latency connections wherever possible. It will also attempt to match players using the same controls. So, Xbox mouse and keyboard users will have preferential matchmaking with m&k PC players, while controller players will likewise be matched with other controller users.
It’s great to see Halo: MCC still being updated and improved for Xbox players as well as the new additions for PC. There’s a whole load more features still being discussed and developed, too. Even though we are just months away from Halo: Infinite, it goes to show Master Chief still has plenty of life left in his old bones.
Features Actively in Development
- UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, customization, and many more areas of the game
- View Model Adjustment for all games
- Steam Account Linking
- In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
- PC File Share
- Additional Video Settings/Options (Added)
- Custom Game Browser (Added)
- Input-based Matchmaking (Added)
- Regional Server Selection (Added)
- Cross-Play between Xbox & PC (Added)
- Double Key Binds for all games (Added)
Additionally, they are working on ODST Campaign and Halo 4 to PC, as well as ODST Firefight (with updated networking) to both Xbox and PC in 2020.
You can find the full article from Halo Waypoint here.