Codemasters has confirmed the first major update to Dirt 5 will add full wheel support for PC, Xbox and PlayStation.
The new update is also bringing improved online matchmaking, optimisations, minor bug fixes and improvements.
For many, the wheel support is the most exciting reveal, and support is promised for most modern wheels, including the latest Logitech and Thrustmaster ranges. In addition to the new wheels, all existing Xbox One and PS4 wheels and pedals should be compatible.
The update will be releasing for PC today, followed later this week by PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
Dirt 5 Patch Notes
Patch Notes for DIRT 5 Update 2.00 are below, which is available from December 15 on PC via Steam, followed by PlayStation and Xbox platforms in the coming days.
‘SNOW LIMITS’ FREE CONTENT PACK – New Playgrounds items, new liveries, new Ice Breaker circuit, new customisation items and the option for Snowy conditions in Playgrounds all added, for free to all players
WHEEL SUPPORT – Extensive selection of wheels supported for DIRT 5 across each platform, including Thrustmaster, Logitech and some Fanatec devices
- Further general visual and performance improvements across the board, including visual updates to the ‘Prioritise Frame Rate’/120hz mode on Xbox Series X
- Further FPS improvements when using Image Quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed issues causing flickering lights during night-time events
- PC: Further fixes for reports of crashes and startup issues
- Fixed issue causing game freezes in the Career – Sponsors tab when selecting an Amplified Edition sponsor
- Fixes for crashes occurring at the beginning of some Career events for some players
- Added option to listen back to previous podcast episodes from a playlist
- Fixed visual bug in Career mode that shows the player earning more than the maximum amount of Stamps after completing Throwdowns
- Technical changes made to the matchmaking process; search times for lobbies have been increased to improve the likelihood of live lobbies being found
- Friends lobby size increased to eight players
- Fixes for crashes occurring when exiting active multiplayer events
- Fixed multiple bugs causing crashes and performances issues in split-screen play
- Audio fixes for low volume in split-screen mode
- Leaderboard display adjusted to show faster target times
- Resolves occurrences of objects being available for the wrong event type
- Amplified Edition entitlements fully unlocked for Amplified Edition pre-order players
- PS5: Fixed issue with Trophies not unlocking. Any Trophies earned during this issue should unlock for players after completing one event
- Further improvements made to AI behaviour, particularly in races with large grids
- Fixed instance of cars triggering a track reset incorrectly on Arizona – Merrick Butte location
- Fixed issues causing crashes in the post-race menus
- Sprint cars: changes made to handling model following community feedback
- Display fixes for PS4/PS5 Trophy images and text
- General stability and quality of life improvements across each platform to improve your experience