Epic Games Stores’ weekly free games are an excellent mix of AAA quality and exciting Indie games, here’s what’s new!
Tomorrow is the weekly changeover (Thursdays are when the games are switched out, so you have a week to claim any freebies), with Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2 making way for the excellent A Plague Tale: Innocence (which has a sequel in the works) and Speed Brawl.
All you need to claim these games is an Epic Games account – console gamers with an existing account can sign in and add these games to their PC games library too, so if you’re thinking of upgrading to a PC in future, it’s worth adding them to your collection.
MOTHERGUNSHIP mixes bullet-hell intensity with the FPS genre, and brings one of the largest gun customization options seen in video games. It’s up to you to equip your over-the-top arsenal and defeat a robotic alien armada that has conquered Earth.Craft gun monstrosities that no reasonable person could ever lift, fight gigantic bosses and experience randomized mayhem as you battle your way to the heart of the fleet to destroy the MOTHERGUNSHIP!
Face off against overwhelming odds in brutal, non-stop combat where thinking on your feet is the only way to survive. Dodge hundreds of bullets with unique FPS/Bullet-hell hybrid gameplay. Each ship hosts hordes of alien machines, deadly traps, and intimidating bosses, all set on preventing you from saving humanity. Go get ‘em.
To take down the MOTHERGUNSHIP, you’ll need your very own personalized arsenal of destruction. Luckily, in MOTHERGUNSHIP you can create the gun of your dreams with one of the most modular gun-crafting systems ever seen in a videogame. Want to have twelve-barrel gun that shoots homing rockets? Or do you prefer a lightning shotgun? And what gun wouldn’t look better with a fishtank affixed to the top? Go for it! The design of your destructive arsenal is in your hands.
Join the ranks of the resistance against the robotic alien invasion. Destroy hordes of metallic fiends and earn your way to the Mothergunship! Fight together with a friend in a full co-op experience, while you work together to cut through the alien fleet and reach that ultimate goal – bringing down the MOTHERGUNSHIP.
Train Sim World 2
Drive high-speed inter-city German rail for the first time as you push the throttle and climb speeds in the famous DB ICE 3M out of Köln. Take on the challenge of hauling long freight across Sand Patch Grade including the Cumberland Terminal using the raw power of the CSX AC4400CW. Master the patterns and stations of the world-famous London Underground on the Bakerloo Line.
All official licences, all authentically recreated – you’re in the cab and in control.
Personalise Train Sim World 2 locos with the exclusive new Livery Designer – Create your own custom liveries with an easy to use in-game tool that allows you to craft both simple and complex designs to bring your Train Sim World 2 loco liveries to life.Customise how you play with the Scenario Planner – Create your own scenario. Customise locos and destinations, then jump in and get driving. Quick drive, your way.
Experience A New Level Of Realism
Get clearer information on instructions, gradient and speed profiles as you drive, including new HUD displays, clarity to the onboard safety systems, brake controls, power meter and accelerometer. A new controller scheme will give great choices on Camera and Driving modes and allows easier access from external camera mode to enter another vehicle in your consist, all while full physics and simulation are still running.
Track And Share Your Progress
With Dovetail Live you can track your progress and stats online – Reviewing your performance and sharing and comparing with friends. Railfan Shots also give you the control to upload your screenshots to a personal gallery to share.
- Explore famous routes with unique challenges:
- Bakerloo Line – First opened in 1906 Bakerloo is one of the oldest lines on the London Underground. Master the modern-day complexity of rush hour in the British capital.
- Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen – Step into the renowned DB BR 406 ICE 3M and drive passengers at speeds up to 250km/h as you race between Köln and Aachen on this German inter-city line.
- Sand Patch Grade – Enjoy epic power with the CSX AC4400CW. Haul freight across the Allegheny Mountains, battling adhesion on one of the steepest grades in the United States
- Train Sim World 2 features iconic locomotives to master. The classic 1972 Mark 2 Stock on the Bakerloo Line, modern fast commuters with DB BR 406 ICE 3M and DB BR 442 ‘Talent 2’ and powerful hauliers with the AC4400CW, GP38-2 and SD40-2.
- Livery Designer – Get creative and add a personal touch to your Train Sim World 2 locos with this easy to use tool that allows custom liveries.
- Scenario Planner – Drive what you want, where you want, as you plan out your own scenarios. Quick drive, your way.
- New Adhesion Physics – Feel wheelslip and wheelslide in adverse weather, master moving heavy freight and keep control of your loco power on steep inclines.
- Dynamic Skies – Multiple cloud layers and realistic sunlight filtering means greater visual fidelity for the skies in Train Sim World 2.
- Journeys – Start a new Journey on any route to explore more than 24 hours of gameplay featuring scenarios, services and more to complete.
- Tutorials – Learn all you need to take to the rails with detailed tutorials for each locomotive. Master every switch, lever and dial.
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology.
A Plague Tale Innocence
Follow the grim tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo, in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history. Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, Amicia and Hugo will come to know and trust each other. As they struggle to survive against overwhelming odds, they will fight to find purpose in this brutal, unforgiving world.
Developer, Asobo Studios, are well known now for their work on the excellent Flight Simulator, but they’ve been making quality games for years, and A Plague Tale: Innocence is one of their finest games – and now it’s free!
Speed Brawl is a 2D combat-racer about moving fast and hitting hard! Maintain your momentum, build your combos, and unleash powerful special moves. Find your own fighting style, and assemble the finest team of brawlers ever seen. Then do it all again faster… faster… FASTER!!!
- 6 Unique Brawlers with their own play styles
- Loads of upgrades to customize each fighter and blast through the competition
- Razor sharp visuals and beautifully animated characters
- Over 50 unique action-packed events and races to wade through across multiple Speed Brawl Leagues.
- Local and online co-operative play through the whole campaign!
London, 1888. After a decade of war with the Lunar invaders we named the Selenites, the British Empire finally vanquished the insect-like menace thanks to a dashing officer by the name of Hugo Wells. He crushed the colony’s queen and in doing so cemented his status as both a hero of the empire, and the de facto patriarch of the drone-like Selenites.Following the war, the Selenites became the new workforce of our industrial revolution, ushering in a new era of progress and prosperity. Freed from the shackles of employment, man could pursue more earthly endeavors. However, listlessness and disobedience rampaged throughout the middle and working classes. In order to satiate the masses, Hugo Wells conceived of the ultimate entertainment. An elite sport where only the bravest, the fastest and the most worthy warriors could wage a petty war against the enslaved Selenite hordes. Welcome… to Speed Brawl!